On the 31st December of every year, i tend to get into a contemplative kind of mood. It is of no wonder of course, since today is a very special day- a day that lets us look at what we've done throughout the past year, a day that makes us rethink about our goals and dreams in our lives right now , a day that makes us look into the upcoming year and prepare ourselves mentally for new challenges.
2007 had been an exciting year for me. It was my first full year spent in Singapore after I came back from Germany. Many events happened. Joyous ones, heartwarming ones, exciting ones.
My everdearest PrettySis got married.
I passed my PPCDL (Powerboat license)
Went for Lasik.
Represented my cohort to make a speech.
Joined Toastmasters and made many speeches thereafter
Completed Virtual Cop 3
Friends from Germany came to visit me in SG
and many many more...
All of them have formed happy memories in me. And they are the ones that lift my spirits whenever i feel sad/discouraged in the new year. This method never fail cos it reminds me that life is beautiful...... *birds chirping~~*
Of course, 2007 has her fair share of unhappiness and disappointments too. Some might even continue in the new 2008. But let's face it, Life IS a bed of roses - thorns are everywhere, and a wrong step might get you hurt. A wrong decision in life will have its consequences. Big ones, small one. But what really matters is we learn from these mistakes. Wounds heal over time, just like humans adapt to adversity in life. Courage and confidence will guide us through tough times. The question is : Do you want to take them in the first place?
Oh, please don't get me wrong, I am really happy about 2007. I had an enriching life during the past 364 days, learnt many things, in terms of skills (PPCDL and public speaking) and life lessons. I am grateful that everything happened the way it was. =)
Looking forward, 2008 is going to be packed with different kinds of challenges. I will be joining the workforce and start my 8.30-6.30pm life. I will end up being like my working friends who having been counting down to public holidays and weekends. Many unknowns will unveil as the new year unfolds herself. But there's one thing that I am sure of -
I will still be GenDaBestest in 2008.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!
SEE YOU IN 2008!
p/s: I'm trying to fake some confidence and arrogance over here, btw... Gen is a humble girl hor. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment