Friday, September 29, 2006

Stereotyping...

Today, I contacted a seller from ebay to tell him that i'm interested to buy a bundle consisting of a Computer motherboard, CPU chip and RAM.

2 minutes into our converstation he popped a question to me,"Miss, you know how to build computer arh?!?" Not wanting to reveal too much, i simply replied that i'm buying for a friend.

Then he went,"Oh, no wonder.... normally women don't know how to build computer one."

I dint know how to react to that statement. At least that sounded negative to me...I had inferred it as "Yar.. girls are helpless when it comes to computer.."

At that moment i wondered if I should
1) Snap back at him and tell him that I've build at least 3 desktops at home? This will make him think thrice before making such stereotypical comments to a stranger next time...
2) Continue to be polite and ignore that statement?
3) Agree with him verbally but shake my head while saying it? (He cant see it anyway....!)

In the end i chose option 2, of course...
Reason: I was trying to bargain with for a good price at time..... haha =)

But anyway, this also proves that I have weird taste for leisure activities....

I wonder if guys would encounter similar situation too....=)

No comments: